– Crochet hook no. E/4 (3.5) & B/1-C/2 (2.5) (If your gauge is tight, it can be a good idea to go up a hook size)
– Rainbow Cotton 8/4. Work with 2 strands of yarn.
– 2 x 6” (15 cm) leather string
Measurements: Approx. 7½” x 7½” (19×19 cm). If you want them bigger, simply add a number of chains divisible by 2.
Usage: Approx. 2.1-2.3 oz. (60-65g) a piece.
Sc: Single Crochet
Dc: Double Crochet
Bpdc: Back Post Double Crochet
Fpdc: Front Post Double Crochet
Sl st: Slip Stitch
Work with 2 strands of yarn.
1. Start with a foundation row. Work 44 ch.
2. Work 1 dc in 3rd ch from the hook. Now work dc across.
3. Turn the work using 2 ch. Work 1 fpdc, “1 bpdc, 1 fpdc”. Repeat “to” across. Work 1 regular dc in the turn st.
4. Turn the work using 2 ch. Work 1 bpdc, “1 fpdc, 1 bpdc”. Repeat “to” across. Work 1 regular dc in the turn st.
Repeat rows 3 and 4 alternately like this until you have the desired size of your potholder.
The border is worked in a single strand of mayflower 8 on a size B/1-C/2 (2.5) hook.
Work sc around. Work 3 sc in the corners to get a round shape. Finish with 1 sl st and weave in the ends.
Insert leather string in a corner and tie a knot.